Curtis Taylor wrote:
What's the <%=header%> expression do? You've already closed the bean:include tag.

Good question; I've been using Struts for about a week... I'll freely admit this is copied from recipe 3.5 in "Struts Recipes" by Franciscus & Gurovich. Using or not using <%=header%> doesn't affect the error though.

Have you looked at the SSLExt library (http://sslext.sourceforge.net/)?

I have now, looks very useful and I'll probably use it in future, but given that I do want headers on SSL pages I'm not sure how it addresses my current issue! Anyone else?

David Kennedy wrote:

I have a jsp which is trying to include a simple nav bar across the top of the screen:
<bean:include id="header" forward="header"/>
<%=header%>
<!-- other stuff here -->

where 'header' is defined in struts-config.xml like this:
  <global-forwards>
    <forward name="header" path="/includes/header.jsp" />

Simple. But when it loads as part of my 'ui' app I get this:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception opening resource https://1.2.3.4:8443/ui/includes/header.jsp: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I can see that SSL is involved, but I was able to get past the login pages etc so I don't understand what Struts/Tomcat is trying to tell me here; any advice?

If it helps, I can load https://1.2.3.4:8443/ui/includes/header.jsp manually just fine.