<SNIP>
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:40:13 -0500, Mike Millson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 10:22, Tim Christopher wrote:
> > So what you're saying is that if I include a separate DTO it doesn't
> > really achieve anything extra - whilst at the same time creating more
> > code to maintain and reducing performance?
>
> Yes, that's what I think.
</SNIP>

If you are in a J2EE environment and are looking at multiple remote
calls, DTO/VOs make a lot of sense.  Please note that DTO/VOs can be
used in composite objects which are really helpful in J2EE
environments.  You may not have that sort of environment.

If you don't, then the usefulness of DTO/VO depends.

Jack

--
No one ever went blind looking at the bright side of life.