Ben,

I don't want to bother raw Struts user's mailing list,
but I would like to introduce OzStruts again.
because all the Struts developers are struggling with this same issue again,
again and again.
I think this functionality must be prepared as part of web applicaiton
framework.
If you have options to use other frameworks with this function, it might be
better than raw Struts.
But if you need or want to use Struts, please take a look at OzStruts,
which is small framework on top of Struts for page driven development.
This mechanism has already been built into OzStruts as
prepareRequiredProperty() method.

Also you can use preListener() and postListener() to do some generic task too,
such as page level security, etc.

OzStruts is very simple framework, you can use your Struts knowledge as it is.
I hope this would help you.
Tak

--
Tak Yoshida mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]