I'm trying to create a form that will be validated over a series of jsp's. I'm
using the page property with individual fields to specify whether they should
be validated on a particular page and then setting the hidden page property to
whatever the corurrent jsp page.

This is how my field looks in the validation.xml

<field property="adults"
                     page="2"
                     depends="required">

                  <arg0 key="passengerBookingForm.adults"/>
</field>

But it just seems to ignore this validation whatever I set the form page
property to. I'm expecting it to perform this validation if the form page
property is >= 2, and ignore the validation altogether if the form page
property is < 2.

I have noticed that changing the page value to an integer (without the quotes)
eg

<field property="adults"
                     page=2
                     depends="required">

                  <arg0 key="passengerBookingForm.adults"/>
</field>

it does the validation, but it will do it no matter what I set the page form
property to. Has anybody got this working or know what I'm doing wrong?
I appreciate any help, thank you,

Jack