Hello all,

Although I've been using Struts for small projects for a while now, I
haven't really used filters.  Now I am incorporating some
functionality from another project into mine, and the other project
used plain old servlets and filters.

My question is this:

In filter's doFilter method, is there a way to forward to a Struts
action somehow?  I need to populate the session and I have all this
stuff already written, I just need to do a forward to the action
somehow.  How could I do this without request.getRequestDispatcher()
calls?  Or can I do it at all?

I haven't wrote pure servlet in a looooong long while and I forgot a
lot of things so please excuse me if my question is dumb.

Thanks,

Denis