From: Fergal O'Shea [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:22 AM
To: 'Riyaz Mansoor'; 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Html:messages vs html:errors

We don't seem to have struts-examples.war readily available here at
work.

Does anyone have an example of overriding an ActionForm's validate()
method,
but using ActionMessage instead of ActionError (I presume you still have
use a Collection of ActionErrors), and using html:messages instead of
simple
old <html:errors/>.
Specifically, how does one tie in the id parameter in html:messages with
the
ActionErrors Collection returned by one's validate() method ?

> I'm a Struts newbie. A lot of the books and documentation I have on
> Struts is pre 1.2 and uses html:errors and ActionErrors. Given
> ActionErrors is deprecated, I'd like to use ActionMessages for some
new
JSPs I'm writing.

the usage is the same.

actionerrors are dependent on certain keys such as "error.prefix" that
came
with the messageresources file.

messageresources have no such dependencies.

have a look at the struts-examples.war. u'll see all u'll need there :)