I would say we are both a product and a community. And in my opion this is a very good thing.

Struts is a product because many compagnies build commercial web applications based on Struts.
By searching one job-index here in Denmark I find several job-announcements which asks
for Struts skills. These compagnies are not only start-up firms, but also firms like
big insurance compagnies. So Struts is an important ram for open source in a commercial context.

At the same time we are developer community by helping each other to get the best out of Struts and
improving the product even more. Struts would be notthing without a community, but a developement
community without a product would also be empty.

So my +1 is keep up the good work for the produkt and the community.

Regards

Flemming