that makes sense, but the individual portfolios (the members of the
PortfolioBeanCollection) dont really have a name, I just looped
through my result set doing

PortfolioBeanCollection PBC=new PortfolioBeanCollection ();
while (result.hasnext){
 pbc.add (new PortfolioBean(resultSet.getString("namefield")));
}

so I really just used the PortfolioBeanCollection as if it were a
garden variety ArrayList.... does your comment still apply?

On 4/13/05, Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David Johnson wrote:
>
> ><c:forEach var="portfolio" items="${userPortfolios}">
> >     <c:out value="${portfolioName}"/><br>
> ></c:forEach>
> >
> >it outputs the proper number of <br> tags, but is not preperly
> >displaying the correct PortfolioBeanCollection.PortfolioBean.portfolioName
> >

> You're not specifying the bean from which to get the property.
>
> <c:out value="${portfolion.portfolioName}"/>
>
> Dave

-Dave
[EMAIL PROTECTED]