From: Erik Weber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:48 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: AJAX: Whoa, Nellie!

Frank W. Zammetti wrote:

>On Tue, April 19, 2005 5:30 am, Jesse Alexander (KBSA 21) said:
>

>>I also think that a well-designed web-UI does not need JS at all...
>>

>Then what results is exactly what you say: a WEB UI.  This was good
>enough five years ago, it isn't today.
>
>People expect, generally, more robust UIs delivered in a browser.  They

>expect webapps that look, feel and work more like fat clients.  This is

>all a virtual impossibility without some dergee of scripting.

I, with respect for the author, disagree with this entirely.

I am people, and this is not what I expect or desire at all. As a user,
I expect and desire 1) A fast download 2) my bookmarks to work/easy to
remember URLs 3) an organized and well-thought-out left rail 4) a go
home link at the top 5) a two-field registration 6) an encrypted log on
7) content I can read in a text-only browser. None of these require any
browser scripting at all.

And most importantly, I want information that I regard as being of great
quality. Anything beyond the seven I mentioned only gets in my way.

Erik -- who prefers mail2web to GMail.