Look into using Filters. They are great for this kind of stuff.

/rober

Lee Harrington wrote:
I want to check to see if the user is logged in before performing any
action, and redirect to the login page if they are not.

For example...they have a page open and their session times out....and
then they click a button.  Right now an error occurs because they are
no longer logged in.

I wrote a bit of code that if I put it in the beggining of an action
class...does just that.  But I don't want to have to put this in the
front of each of my actions (particularly since I've already written a
good portion of the app).

Do I solve this by subclassing the action forward -- or in some other way?

Lee