Hello,

I am using the struts framework for a project, and I am seeking advice on the
following situation. To preface where I am, we have used server side validation
(validation.xml) throughout the full project and all is good. I understand
simple field validation and the attributes of the validation.xml file.

But as with any project, here is my problem: I have a database query that
returns hundreds of records. The way this works, is we display the user list of
keys, and defualt values, and they can change the values to their liking.

eg:
Field1 (then in a textfield they get something like [field 1 default value]
Field2 [field2 default value]
and so on and so on.

Here is how the actual code looks on the page.
Now what my original page builder did, was take the value and also placed it in
a hidden field for some type of database update later on. Hope this makes sense
.

Agricultural Implements  <input type="text" name="gprID751464"
value="Agricultural Implements">
<input type="hidden" name="origGprID751464" value="Agricultural Implements">

Agricultural Tractors <input type="text" name="gprID751499" value="Agricultural
Tractors">
<input type="hidden" name="origGprID751499" value="Agricultural Tractors

But what is occuring is sometimes they remove the value and then there is no
value. And I would like to validate this.
So my question is as follows:
If I have a database query with a lot of records that have rows like so:
key1 val1
key2 val2
key3 val3

How can I validate this for "required" on each value?

I have been reading about indexed validation but do not seem to have a handle
on it.

Can anyone give some assistance, or ideas? I did not want to do this in simple
javascript, as the rest of the site is all server side with Messages.

Thanks
Scott