Pierre,

Struts is no longer a sub-project of Jakarta but is now on its own.
Struts is alive and kicking: http://struts.apache.org/

You can look at section 6 [this might help]:
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/index.html

As for JBoss... the last time I used it (can't exactly remember when)...
JBoss has a version that is already bundled with Tomcat.

As for the Mac, I cannot really help.

HTH,
Glenn

Pierre Thibault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
13/06/2005 12:01 AM
Please respond to

user@struts.apache.org
cc

Subject
Confused

Hello,

I am new to Struts and I am a bit confused. I would like some light.

I have just installed Tomcat 5 for Java WSDP. Do I need this version
to make Struts development or can I use the regular 5.5 version too?
I have installed both.

I also saw that Struts is listed in the Ex-Jakarta section of the
Jakarta web site. Is this mean that Struts is now replaced by Tapestry?

Also, I would like to know how can I have access to J2EE? I am on Mac
OS 10.4 and as I know I need JBoss to have access to J2EE. I have
installed JBoss on my machine too. But I don't understand how can I
use Tomcat, JBoss and Struts altogether. Can you help me?

Regards.

Pierre