From:   Manfred Wolff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Mon 6/13/2005 1:47 PM
To:     Struts Users Mailing List
Subject:        Re: Can struts-1.1 support multiple configurations and multiple
resources
Venkat

I think you don't have to deal with suffixes (like sub) because struts
itsselfs concatinate the module in the key, stored into the session. I
have a little example written for my struts book (only in german) that
deals with multiple struts config files. You may download it under

http://struts-ge-packt.de/download/code.zip

Because it is no maven project it comes with a lot of libraries.

1st Struts config: (struts-config.xml)
<message-resources parameter="MessageResources" null="false" />

2nd Struts config with Module (struts-modul-confix.xml)
<message-resources parameter="MessageModulResources" />

It is a struts 1.2 application but the module support is fine in 1.1

-Manfred

Venkat Reddy Valluri wrote:

>Hi  Manfred,
>     Thank you very much for responding immediately. I ended up multiple
> struts config files successfully. But the thing is when I tried to use
> separate resources for each struts config file using bundle parametre,  It
> seems not to be working.
>
>Here is my struts configurations
>
>  In my main module struts config file
>I included below one
>struts-main.xml--->
>     <message-resources
>    parameter="com.main.examp.ApplicationResources"/>
>

>In my sub module struts config file
>
>I included below one
>struts-sub.xml--->
>   <message-resources
>    parameter="com.sub.examp.SubResources" key="sub">
></message-resources>
>
>SubResources.properties------------>
>error.user.user_name.required=UserName is required
>
>Here in my sub module
>
>SubEditActionForm.java--->
>
>In validate method I have given like this
>
>public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,
>                                 HttpServletRequest request) {
>       ActionErrors errors = new ActionErrors();
>
>            if (user_name == null || user_name.length() == 0) {
>                errors.add("user_name", new
> ActionError("error.user.user_name.required"));
>            }
>       return errors;
> }
>
>But here the error messgae "UserName is required"  is not able to be displyed
>on screen  when I submit the page with out entering user_name
>
>    So I thought of passing buddle  attribute "sub"  which is used
> struts-sub.xml  to ActionError class
>(
><message-resources
>    parameter="com.sub.examp.SubResources" key="sub">
></message-resources>)
>
>   But there is no option to pass that attribute in ActionError or
> ActionMessage class
>
>    SO here where I struck
>
>Can you please  throw some light on this
>
>Thanks in advace
>
>--Venkat

Dipl.-Inf. Manfred Wolff
Software Engineer
http://www.manfred-wolff.de
http://www.struts-it.org

Die fatale Neigung der Menschen,
vom Nachdenken über eine Sache nachzulassen,
wenn sie nicht länger zweifelhaft ist,
ist die Ursache der Hälfte ihrer Irrtümer.
- John Stuart Mil -