My action class extends LookupDispatchAction, which
has different methods in it. In struts-config.xml i
have parameter method as we all know. My problem is;
in my validation.xml i do have to perform different
validations for different methods, how do I
distinguish or find out which method is called to
perform validation for that method only?

struts-config.xml
<form-bean name="myForm"
type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorActionForm">
   <form-property name="freeText"
type="java.lang.String"/>

</form-bean>

<action path="/myAction" type="com.action.MyAction"
name="myForm" validate="true" parameter="method">
<forward..
</action>

validation.xml

<form-validation>
    <formset>
        <form name="/myaction.do">
            <field property="freeText"
depends="required">
               <arg0 key="myForm.freeText.name"/>
            </field>
        </form>
     </formset>
</form-validation>

in above code in validaton.xml i need to pass method
name for which i want this validation to take place
not for all methods. Something like <form
name="/myAction.do?method="methodName">

how do I do this? or any other way. I would appreciate
prompt response with examples.

Thanks in advance,