Michael Jouravlev wrote:

> The only book I would follow without asking for explanation would be a
> nuclear power station operator's manual. In all other cases I have
> time to sit down and think things over.

Strictly speaking, you shouldn't actually be operating a nuclear power
station without already having read the manual and asked those questions...
(My Dad used to be the guy they asked, but I imagine a fair number of his
students graduated to actually working in power plants without a clue about
the "why" of any of it).
--
derek