Andrew Tomaka wrote the following on 7/7/2005 12:00 PM:
I imagine I've over complicated the problem,

Yes, I think you are:)

My problem is that I have a "PreAction" to do the processing on the
form. This requires the page to have the form bean assigned to it. Since I have two different forms doing two different things, I should
have two different form beans, but I don't see how I can accomplish
that.

Here is a case where I don't believe you need to have these different ActionForms. If you just need an "id" from one drop down list, simply sumbit to the Action and pull that id out of the request. Nothing forcing you to have to have ActionForm's hold everything. If you want an ActionForm, make just one and provide...

Integer searchID;
Integer programID;

I don't feel this breaks desing principals since the intended use of the ActionForm is to collect user input data from a "page" - in this case you do have user data (in two lists) on one page.

--
Rick