Things in Shale are going pretty well -- with David's checkin of the
integration with standalone Tiles (from the Struts sandbox), Shale is
now pretty much feature complete with respect to Struts 1.x, while
offering some ease of development benefits due to JSF and it's own
features.

The only functional areas I still want to flesh out some more before a
milestone release are:

* Making it possible to have multiple dialogs active
  at the same time (for a dialog in each Tile, for popups, etc)

* On the remoting support, make the JSF lifecycle available
  so you can use things like value binding and method binding
  expressions while creating the response.

I don't anticipate that either of these changes will cause any
fundamental breakage in the APIs, so it's definitely worth some
experimentation time.

Craig