Hi,

I'm currently designing and developping an enterprise J2EE application based on Struts. In this application there's a layer of Data Access Object which abstract the underlying persistent storage. For populating my struts' *Form I've imagined first a transfert between forms and DAO based on Value Object, associated with helper classes for translating from one type to another. And I realized that struts Form can be in some situations quite good transfert objects, and by doing so we economize development of both helper classes and VO classes.

What do you thing about using forms as VO? Do you think it's a dirty solution? Forms are often mirrors of the database's table.

Thank you for your opinion.

Vincent.