Rivka Shisman wrote:

Hi again

When you say that validation doesn't work when inserting "ABC" in an
integer field - do you mean when using struts Validator?
I'm not using the Validator - I just add "if myInteger < 1 " in method
validate().

If I define myInteger as String - how do I check that it's a valid
number in the validate() method (without using Validator)?

Doesn't matter if you use validation or not, if you define a form property as Integer for example (in the form class and in struts-config) and then if you write "abc" in this field, you will get a ConversionException because the first step that Struts makes in the RequestProcesor is to "populate" the form bean i.e. to match the parameters that are comming with the request and "transform" them to the form proiperties. After that the validation works, but even if you don't validate the forms with the Validator, the populations you can't avoid or change. Thus you are forced to define your form properties as String (because in the http request anyway they ARE strings, just Struts during the population tries to convert them to the types defined in struts-config).
Just make a little test and you will udnerstand the problem ...
Borislav