Hi Maya,
  I had tried the Hibernate whith web-application.
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/reference/en/html/quickstart.html
This link is very useful to start Hibernate in any
Web-Application. Also the book Hibernate In Action is
good book. Two chapter of this book are freely
available for download.The link is
http://www.manning.com/books/bauer/chapters.
         I have the code for the sample aplication
mentioned in the link(quickstart). If you need I can
send it to u. Or you may get it from internate also.

Regards,
Swapnil