Konrad Billewicz wrote:

At the moment I wish to do it using web.xml or, maybe better, context file in conf/Catalina/. Currently there are serveral things to change ie. data source parameters.

What do you think about it?
I think storing it under the Tomcat config directories would be a really bad idea, since they're application (not server) level configs.

Personally, I keep things like this in either web.xml, a struts config file, or an application-specific configuration mechanism (generally XML or YAML).

Dave