At 12:23 PM -0400 8/20/05, Sudhaker Raj wrote:
You can try struts-plugin to execute startup code. I would avoid
making changes in core behaviors if possible without changing them.

I would agree with this, and with Wendy's post. If you need certain things to happen at servlet initialization time, there are better ways to do it than subclassing ActionServlet. The PlugIn interface was designed explicitly for this purpose, and later (Servlet 2.3), the ServletContextListener became a more standard way of doing the same thing.

Joe