Hi Laurie,

I built such a widget some years ago... it's probably not in the form you want (i.e., it's not just a new tag to use), but it might be worth a look... I'll see if I can dig it out of the archives. It also had the ability to reorder the elements in the selected items box if that's relevant in your case.

I planned on adding a uiwidgets component to JWP as well, and this might be a good first item. Let me see if I can find it first though :) ...

Frank

Laurie Harper wrote:
Does anybody have, or know of, a good HTML form 'widget' for managing value lists, something like

   Available            Selected
  +---------+          +--------+
  | item A  |    >>|   |        |
  | item B  |    >>    |        |
  | item C  |    <<    |        |

(you know the kind of thing ;-)

I'd like something that is used as similarly to the simple <html: form controls as possible, and preferably something with some nice client-side behaviour built in.

It's not rocket science, shouldn't be hard to build, but I thought I might as well try to avoid reinventing the wheel ;-) [and yes, I know this kind of thing is where JSF comes into its own, but JSF isn't an option on this project...]

Thanks for any pointers,

L.

--
Frank W. Zammetti