Sure thing. I would love to work with you and come up with something
useful. I too am currently working on a web app which would demo Shark
(the open source workflow engine). I already had written it using Struts,
but now am attempting to rewrite that using Shale.  Not sure how much
success I will have plus may not be of that much interest to the community
at large.. I think a simple CRUD app like you are working on will be more
useful. So let me know if I can help..:)

Geeta