Hi all (Gosh, I'm starting to feel like a regular on this list...)

After my experiences below I have rewritten my application to store the images
in a
local sub-directory, however when I ran this new version the sub-directory was
created
under the Tomcat/bin directory - not really appropriate.

Should I be trying to reference my application directory and store the images
under my
"/WEB-INF" directory?

Do I have to setup a special directory on the server that can be referenced by
Tomcat
to serve the images directly?

What are others doing?

Also, if you are referencing this directory in your application, is it
hard-coded or do you
have an entry in your 'context.xml'?  What sort of entry do you use?

Kind regards
mc