Hi,

When I connect Struts to Postgresql 8.0 database using DataSource object I get
the following error messages:

Source:

DataSource dataSource = null;

    try {
    dataSource = getDataSource(request);
    conn = dataSource.getConnection();

    stmt = conn.createStatement();
   String sql = "select * from stocks where "
        + "symbol ='" + symbol + "'";
    rs = stmt.executeQuery("select * from stocks where "
        + "symbol ='" + symbol + "'");
}catch(){..}
struts-config.xml:

<data-source type="org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.SimpleDataSource">

<set-property property="driverClassName"

value="org.postgresql.Driver" />

<set-property property="url"

value="jdbc:postgresql://192.168.1.22:5432/omsdb" />

<set-property property="username"

value="postgres" />

<set-property property="password"

value="postgres" />

</data-source>

I am getting the following error message while running the struts application:

INFO: Failed to create a non-pooled connection for null at
jdbc:postgresql://localhost/null?prepareThreshold=0:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname
and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the
postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

Tried starting Postmaser with -i option still not responding.
Could anyone tell me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Raj