Hi Wojtek,

You'll need to return an ActionRedirect (subclass of ActionForward). This class includes an addParameter() method. You can use the constructor to copy the ActionConfig you get from mapping.findForward(), i.e.:

ActionRedirect ar = new ActionRedirect(mapping.findForward("showSavedItem.do"));
ar.addParameter("itemId", itemId);
return ar;

Or, if you prefer one-liners:

return (new ActionRedirect(mapping.findForward("myForward"))).addParameter("itemId", itemId);

Frank

Wojciech Ciesielski wrote:
Hi there,

How can I add some parameters to redirected forwards? I have situation like
this: saveItem.do saves some object to the database and redirects to
showSavedItem.do, which is based on itemId in request parameter (passed
usually by URL). I want to make this as a redirect to prevent strange things
from happening when user refreshes page. But is there a way to add some
parameters to redirected forwards? Right not I am doing this by setting
session-scope attributes, but it's "messy" - I have to clean up session
afterwards.

TIA

Wojtek

--