Thanks Craig! You were right on all counts...

I presume that "employeesListBean", "employee", and "searchCriteria" are all the names of other managed beans? That would be necessary for this to work correctly.

Yes they are.

Also, the navigation rule you define above is not involved in the welcome page processing ... but you might need it for other navigation in the app.

Ah, stupid for me to have included that in this e-mail. You are right it's being used for other navigation and not at all germane to the topic I posted about (although, of course, I thought it was at first:).

Thanks again for looking it over.

--
Rick