Hi!
I don't know is there proper place for discussing shale. If it's not can you point me to correct mailing list

I'm using JSF and looking for good rendering/template framework. Remembering that Shale is created by those people who have done Struts I prefer using it instead of faceletes ;)

When I read "Clay's approach is unique. The granularity is targeted at the declaration of JSF components versus composition of JSP fragments" I thought that it's that I exactly want - if I have a tree of components I want to change in templates components - not html fragments. But when I build Shale from sources I can't find this very important feature for me - ability to specify component tree templates in clay-config.xml. For example:
I want to determine component profilePage

<component jsfid="layout.html">
   <element renderid="0" jsfid="top.html">
   <element renderid="1" jsfid="left.html">
   <element renderid="2" jsfid="emptycontent.html">
</component>

<compoent jsfid="profilePage" extends="layout.html">
   <element renderid="2" jsfid="profile.html">
</compoent>

and redirect to this component from my actions like any other views (e.g jsps).

       <navigation-case>
           <from-action>#{login.login}</from-action>
           <from-outcome>success</from-outcome>
           <to-view-id>/profilePage.clay</to-view-id>
       </navigation-case>
Did I miss something?
Thanks