Has anyone been able to get a Struts / Hibernate app to work nicely with
Lazy Initialization?

Whenever I have things with Lazy set to true I'm getting a "Failed to lazily
initialize a collection" Exception.

I'd like to be able to lazily access related objects in my DAO layer,
potentially my Actions and the JSPs of the frontend as well. (I use tiles as
well if that affects things).

Is this possible? I've posted once or twice to the Equinox list but it seems
a little low on traffic these days and was wondering if anyone else out
there has done this particular thing with the same combination of
technologies?

If it is at all relevant my app is using Hibernate 2, JBoss 3.2.1 with a
Tomcat 4 plugin (not my choice and I cannot change it), an Apache web server
and Oracle as the DB.

If there is anyone out there being successfully lazy I'd love to hear from
you. I've been trying filters and such things but without result so far.

Regards
Marty