From: "Michael Jouravlev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ok, I have Struts 1.2.7 distro, which contains META-INF/tlds directory
with the following tld files:
*1.1.tld files have older uri in them referring jakarta.struts
(interesting why they have higher version number?).

What do you mean by higher version number?   A quick check shows they are
all Struts 1.2 tlds (look at the <tlibversion> in them).  And that the pairs
match exactly except for the URIs.  The *1.1.tld files are probably there
for backwards compatibility, though I can't quite come up with a good
explanation.

What about EL tags? Will they be included in distro? With JSP 2.4 most
users will fall back to standard Struts tags, but I use Struts-EL and
I would like it to be in the distro as well.

For 1.2, Struts-EL is in the 'contrib' directory.  If there were to be a
Struts 1.2.8 release, there's no reason to think EL would be excluded.

If you're asking about 1.3, the release notes show that Struts-EL is
intended to be part of "Struts Classic 1.3.0".
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsClassicRelease130

I don't think you have to worry about Struts-EL disappearing. :)

--
Wendy