Michael Jouravlev wrote:

Or... you can set Product object as nested property of an ActionForm,
and set ActionForm's scope to "session". The result is the same, but
seems more natural to me. You can render Product on JSP page, or
populate it from input (Struts will do it for you).
True.

But then you've tied at least part of your app to Struts, which makes standalone unit testing more difficult than (I feel ;) it needs to be! With the decoupling you can trivially test business logic that depends on state.

<third-grade>
One two three four, I declare a religion war!
</third-grade smiley="true" too-geeky-for-own-good="really-really-true">

Dave