I like IceSoft's "Direct-to-DOM" buzzword ;-) The question is probably
better suited for Commons mailing list, but because it is
Struts-related, I will ask it here.

Have anyone tried or have heard of projects which display client-side
validation messages directly in the page instead of popping up a
dialog window? One of the reasons I do not use client-side Struts
Validator is that client messages look different from server messages.

Would be nice if client Javascript would modify DOM instead of popping
a dialog window. In this case the client messages and server messages
would have the same style (styled with CSS, I guess). And they will
not be modal.

Frank, this is probably a two-hour work for you? ;-) Can be a good
addition to JavaWebParts if you would not be able to push it in
validator distro :-))

Michael.