Hi Raghu

What's the name of the form bean?  Let's assume it's "myformbean" for the
example:

<logic:equal name="myformbean" property="operation" value="update">
</logic:equal>

Use the 'name' parameter to reference the form bean name.  Use the 'property'
parameter to reference the property.  Note, you will be testing the value in
the form-
bean, not the value in the hidden html field.

Do you need to change the value of the hidden field?  If so you will need to
use
Javascript to perform this test and modify the displayed values.

Kind regards
mc

On 29 Sep 2005 at 1:03, Raghu Kanchustambham wrote:

>  I have a hidden html varibale called operation.
>   Now I want to conditionally display some buttons based on the value of
> this hidden field. I am trying something like this...
>  <logic:equal name="${operation}" value="update">
>  # display update related buttons
> </logic>
>   This doesnt seem to work. What am I doing wrong? I know that if
> 'operation' was a variable is request/session then it would work fine. But
> what should I do if operation is a html form element (hidden). I do not want
> to write scriptlets.
>  Thanks.
> Best Regards,
> Raghu