Do you want to create something like this:
http://www.superinterface.com/wizard/signupWizard.do

It would be easier if you switched to event-based action class, like
DispatchAction or LookupDispatchAction. I would humbly suggest to use
SelectAction from my Struts Dialogs library. SelectAction works with
pushbuttons, image buttons and regular links (links do not submit an
HTML form): http://struts.sourceforge.net/strutsdialogs/selectaction.html

The library also contains an action to create wizards, which is what I
suppose you want to do:
http://struts.sourceforge.net/strutsdialogs/wizardaction.html

Michael.