On 10/26/05, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What does that leave outstanding for the site, then?  Michael, you've
> mentioned the background, and I think it can go in the custom theme
> stylesheet, if you want to suggest one.

> Does anyone have any other minor annoyances, things that have moved that you
> can't find, broken links, etc?  Do whatever is easier, open a Bugzilla
> ticket with a suitably generic title to collect them, or just post it here.

Well, I guess this is my karma to be the pain in the neck, but you
asked for it, so here it is. I understand, that these are probably
Maven's problems ;-)

* I don't have any specific suggestion about background color, but at
least for now it should be white, because ASF logo
http://www.apache.org/images/asf-logo.gif and Struts logo
http://struts.apache.org/images/struts.gif have non-transparent white
background
* Better yet, logos should have transparent backgrounds, especially
considering that they are quite simple and do not require any specific
background. In this case explicit background color is not needed,
which I actually prefer.
* Why "Struts 1.3.x" points to the same page, where ApacheCon ad is located?
* Using as-designed font sizes in my Firefox 1.0.6, the left bar font
sizes are too small, while the main pane fonts are too large. I would
prefer just a tad larger for left nav bar, -1 for main panel text and
-2 for <h2> headers like "Struts @ ApacheCon".   (By the way, is there
any chance to get to ApacheCon for lower admittance price? Or maybe
there is an empty slot for a presentation? :-) )
* The border around topmost <h2> header, the "Struts @ ApacheCon" is
not aligned with top portion of border around left nav bar (You
probably wondering, do I have to be *that* nitpicking?)
* The width of left nav bar is proportional to window widith, which is wrong.
* The width of left nav bar is not proportional to font size.
* Page does not seem to have minsize, left nav bar does not have
minsize too; window look ugly when its with is being decreased. Nav
bar items get outside navbar border, common ugliness for
CSS-controlled websites.
* Fonts typefaces. Seems like the page uses default browser settings,
which is usually a serif. I do not have a strong opinion here. Serif
is considered easier to read, but sans serif is considered "more
professional", whatever that means. But I like the appearance of say,
DisplayTag page http://displaytag.sourceforge.net or Java.Net website
http://www.java.net

Michael.