Not from the request - from the form bean (or indexed Bean) - in this
example lineNumber needs to be a property of the indexed bean.

Niall

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Jouravlev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:47 AM

On 11/8/05, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The short answer is that there isn't a way to echo back user input in the
> error message.
> There are two places that I know of, where this kind of functionality has
> been provided. The first is in the "extends validator" I wrote (see the
> "indexed example"):
>
>    http://www.niallp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/strutsvalidatorextends.html

<field property="orderItems" depends="extends">
  <var>
    <var-name>extends<var-name><var-value>Items<var-value>
  </var>
  <arg0 key="lineNumber">
</field>

Are you saying that it will take a real lineNumber from request? How
does it know to get if from request? Does it just checks if request
has this key, and if not, goes to the property file?

Michael.