DynaActionForm setupForm = (DynaActionForm) form;

ModuleConfig moduleConfig =
RequestUtils.getModuleConfig(request,
getServlet().getServletContext());
        FormBeanConfig formConfig =
moduleConfig.findFormBeanConfig("CustForm");
        DynaActionFormClass dynaClass =
DynaActionFormClass.createDynaActionFormClass(formConfig);

        try {
            setupForm = (DynaActionForm)dynaClass.newInstance();

When I debug after
DynaActionForm setupForm = (DynaActionForm) form;

my setupForm is null

I am not sure when the below has to be used?

ModuleConfig moduleConfig =
RequestUtils.getModuleConfig(request,
getServlet().getServletContext());
        FormBeanConfig formConfig =
moduleConfig.findFormBeanConfig("CustForm");
        DynaActionFormClass dynaClass =
DynaActionFormClass.createDynaActionFormClass(formConfig);

        try {
            setupForm = (DynaActionForm)dynaClass.newInstance();

one of the user suggested that when I initialize a form-property in struts-config using initial="true"
I have to use the above to prepopulate the form.

is this right?? Am I using at the right place.

I am new to DynaFormBeans.

        DynaActionForm setupForm = (DynaActionForm) form;

ModuleConfig moduleConfig = RequestUtils.getModuleConfig(request,
getServlet().getServletContext());
        FormBeanConfig formConfig =
moduleConfig.findFormBeanConfig("CustForm");
        DynaActionFormClass dynaClass =
DynaActionFormClass.createDynaActionFormClass(formConfig);

        try {
            setupForm = (DynaActionForm)dynaClass.newInstance();

Why do you do this?

There's a mismatch between what you have in the config file and what you're doing here, which seems totally inexplicable. I thought that custom form stuff should occur in a custom request processor anyway.

Dave