Stanislav wrote:

I think that JSP encoding isn't relevant here, because I put these special
letters into Java Action,
not from Form, and (for now) i directly call taht action. I'm not doing
anything with JSP page...

I'll try to be generic here and suppose you use a form. The JSP generating the form (meaning the HTML page) should use a response encoding of UTF-8. A meta element would be great as well. The request now, as submitted by the form should also be UTF-8 but the server does not really know that; you let the server know by intercepting the request with a servlet filter or something and set as such.

In your case, the folllowing should be more interesting. MySQL should be 4.1 plus to properly support unicode AFAIK and the default DB server or specific DB encoding should be utf8. The only thing missing now is the driver and connection URL, you should use something like

jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/db-name?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8

hth,

Manos

----- Original Message Follows -----
The problem may lies in Jsp Page encoding, I thnk.2005/11/23, Stanislav <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>:>
Hello!>> I'm having very strange problem :-( I'm using CharacterEncodingFilter
set to work with
utf-8> encoding (response and request) and when testing aplication geting:>> 08:29:42,970 INFO [STDOUT] RESPONSE character encoding= utf-8> 08:29:42,970 INFO [STDOUT] REQUEST character
encoding= UTF-8> 08:29:42,970 INFO  [STDOUT] JVM encoding Cp1250>> MySQL is set
also to utf-8
encoding, but when I'm trying to import data into tabel from struts I get> only
one part of the
letters (I'm from Croatia and we have 5 special letters: šđčćž). But> when I'm
using SQL
insert
directly into MySQL query I get everything O.K.? Does anyone knows what> seem to be
problem?>> Tnx
,>> Stanislav>> PS: Using: struts 1.2.7, J2EE 1.4 SDK, JBoss 4.0.1, MySQL
5.0.1.>>