Stanislav wrote:

Because you're doing XML, you need to escape XML entities.

Change your value to this:

jdbc:mysql://localhost/databaseName?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8

I don't know where to put this :-((((

If I put this line of code in data-source I get error....

Ah you probably configure your datasource in an XML file, so the ampersant (or however it's called in english) '&' has to be escaped as an XML entity (&). Try:

jdbc:mysql://localhost/databaseName?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8

hth,

Manos