From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Laurie Harper
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:53 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Re: Session problem

Baker, Russ A wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to figure out how to stop Struts from creating a session.
> What seems to happen is that once I call an action, a session is
> created. This is a problem because when I want to gracefully shut down
> my server, it complains that I still have an active session. Is there
> way to configure Struts so that it does not create a session when an
> action is called?

A session is created the first time something accesses it. Since Struts
stores various things in session scope, I don't think you can avoid
having one created.

What container are you using? It seems like an odd behaviour to refuse
to shut down if there are any active sessions... Are you sure it's
referring to an HTTP session (as opposed, for example, to a Hibernate
session or something)?

L.