If you treat inserts like updates, things get much easier. When you
show employee in edit mode, just pull his data from database into
BO/DTO and show it. When you add new employee, create a new empty
BO/DTO first. Then show it just like you would do it in edit mode. If
user clicks "Save", insert data. If user cancels, just dispose the
object, this is it.

Michael J.