On 1/23/06, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What JDK version are you using?
>
> ---------------------
> [ ] JDK 1.2
> [ ] JDK 1.3
> [X] JDK 1.4
> [ X JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)
> ---------------------
>
> I'm mainly interested in the impact of moving Commons Valdator to a
> minimum dependency of JDK 1.4 to use the RegExp support rather than
> depending on ORO, so it would be useful if you could indicate whether
> you are using Validator or not.

One strategy that I'm using on Shale looks like it will be pretty
successful at addressing this ... make the core functionality work on
1.4, and then add an optional layer on top that lets you use features
like annotations (in Shale this is the "Tiger Extensions" features).
That way, you can address the needs of both kinds of users.

> tia
>
> Niall

Craig