For all the tables in the JSP, I am using displaytag.

For each row in the table I created an Object.

I am creating instances of this Object and making a List which is getting displayed in the JSP.

I was told that instead of creating Object and creating instances, one can directly use the result set got from the DB and iterate thru it to fill the tables.

Which one is more efficient way to do? Is the second approach better? if so why?

Thanks.