From: Gary VanMatre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:42 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: [SHALE] Using the Test Framework

>From: "CONNER, BRENDAN (SBCSI)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> OK, I'm going through the section in the PDF document ("Shale
Framework
> v.1.0.1-SNAPSHOT Project Documentation") on the Test Framework. In
that
> section, the example appears to involve creating a test class
> (SelectTestCase) in the same WAR project as the application code. Is
> this true? If so, how can we cleanly omit the test case code and
> infrastructure during deployment? Is there posted example code on the
> Web of a completed test case so I can see where everything was placed?

The shale test framework provides mock objects for junit testing outside
of a web container.  The projects are generally organized with two root
source directories.  One for your application source and the other for
automated testing.

The shale framework nightly
(http://svn.apache.org/builds/struts/nightly/struts-shale/) archive
contains a "test-framework" folder that has a blank project structure
including an ant build.

> Thanks,
>
> - Brendan

Gary

Craig
> McClanahan
> Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 5:43 PM
> To: Struts Users Mailing List
> Subject: Re: [SHALE] Using the Test Framework
>

> On 2/10/06, Craig McClanahan wrote:
> >
> > The only classes in shale-test.jar that depend on the rest of Shale
is
> the
> > convenience base classes in the org.apache.shale.test.base package.
> The
> > mock object classes have no dependencies on Shale, so you're welcome

> to use
> > them to support general JSF based development activities.
> >

> Actually, I need to refine this a little. The base class
> AbstractViewControllerTestCase is the only one that assumes a Shale
API