You can use whatever port you want, just make sure the port number in
the script that starts JBoss matches the port that you have in your
Eclipse debug configuration.

I suppose the "default" port for JBoss is whatever it is set to in the
comment in the run script (8787?). The default in the maven-jboss-plugin
is something different (4142). But again, it really does not matter as
long as you have the same port specified in the script and in Eclipse.

-Max