>From: Timo Schnölzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> It is strange:
>
> 1. using common jsf component:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value is no String and component
> clayView:base:_id0:_id31:_id49:SUCHEN:_id91_0:radio does not have a
> Converter
> at
> org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.RendererUtils.getConvertedStringValue(RendererU
> tils.java:544)
>
> But this property is String and returing default value, i debugged the
> getIdent() ...

This one sounds like the result of getIdent() is not a String type.  If it's an
Integer, try adding a converter.

<element renderId="2" jsfid="t:selectOneRadio" id="radio">
        <attributes>
            <set name="value" value="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" />
            <set name="for" value="radioColumn" />
        </attributes>
        <element renderId="1" jsfid="selectItem">
           <attributes>
               <set name="itemValue" value="#{e.PK}" />
           </attributes>
        </element>
       <converter jsfid="integerConverter"/>
 </element>

> 2. Using t:radio and setting the index to 1:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: UISelectOne expected

Try adding a label to the selectItem
       <attributes>
            <set name="itemValue" value="#{e.PK}" />
            <set name="itemLabel" value="#{e.PK}" />
       </attributes>

> org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.ext.HtmlRadioRenderer.renderRadio(HtmlRadi
> oRenderer.java:100)
>
> org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.ext.HtmlRadioRenderer.encodeEnd(HtmlRadioR
> enderer.java:56)
>

> I am really getting mad!

:-)   Just make lemonade.

> timo