Mulligan, Scott H wrote:
> I have a Struts 1.1 application running for my employer. Now I am being asked
> if I can create a web service that acts as a front door to the Struts
> application. Has anyone ever done this? Is there a way to extend Struts to
> read a SOAP body in the HttpRequest instead of the regular request
> parameters? I don't have much Web Services practical experience, but I do
> understand the concepts.

I did something similar, but took a different approach. I took an
existing Struts application, refactored out the base functionality, and
built a webservice on top of it. I changed the Struts app to use the
same libraries the service used (rather than using the webservice from
within Struts, probably to save time or something).

I ended up with an easy-to-test base functionality that I could throw
stuff on top of.

I'd be interested in hearing other thoughts about good ways to go about
this as I may be doing something similar quite soon.

Dave