On 3/12/06, Jubin Kuriakose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> oh sorry....
> I wasn't aware of that rule.
> Anyway the quote
>
> > Some might say that the Spring framework just *handles* Struts better
> than
> > Struts handles itself
>
> I got from this link...
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-sr2.html

I wondered if that might have been what you meant.  It seems to me this
article is all about how you can use Struts and Spring *together* to gain
the benefits of both.  It's a pretty classic example of how well designed
frameworks (and both of these are) let you extend them seamlessly to tie
them together.  In this particular scenario, the author discusses using
Spring's "inversion of control" facilities to let you configure your Struts
actions in a way that is somewhat more flexible than the standard mechanisms
that Struts supports (you can do it by customizing the action configuration
classes, but it's not particularly user friendly).

Out of curiousity, how does that translate to "saturation" in your opinion?

I will adhere to that rule....

It's not really a "rule" ... but it's certainly a custom that will gain you
more useful responses.

thnks Craig

Craig