Simon, I think you've nicely illustrated the problem. Rather than interpret what people have said as their honest,educated opinion, certain people choose to interpret it as bullshit. Some people can live in a world that has many "right" answers, others see only in black and white.

The irony here is that Dakota, despite his many personalities, can only see one point of view ;-)

Anyway, we all know Java's dead. We should all be working on Struts on Rails.

Steve

p.s. You do Frank a great dis-service by lumping him in with DJ.

Simon Chappell wrote:
As one who appreciates Struts very much, I would like to thank the
team of committers for their work and dedication.

I would also like to thank the rest of the mailing list for being
willing to voice concerns and call out bullshit ("spin" if you don't
like the word bullshit). This is an important part of the
responsibilities of the members of a software community.

So, Ted and Craig et al., thank you and please keep up the good work.
Frank and Dakota et al., thanks and please keep up the good work.

Viva Struts! :-)

I have no dog in the fight, my management won't let me move past
Struts 1.1, so the future of Struts is outside of my pervue to worry
about. :-)

Simon